mandag den 21. juli 2008

Olives, from disgust to delight

It has taken me probably 3 years since I decided I wanted to learn to eat olives, till today where I actually buy them in the store because I am hungry for them.

Really I am not picky when it comes to food, but there has been and still is a few foods I don´t care for at all or find disgusting. Olives have been in the disgusting category all my life, did not care for that salty yuky taste. While watching friends and father devourer them with great delight I could only frown.

Then I decided, I wanna eat them too. Slowly but surely, starting with eating a tiny bit of a tiny olive TOGETHER with something else, I ended up with today in the produce store buying extra nice green olives stuffed with peper. I can eat them alone now and can feel that one day I will love eating them like that, for now I am just almost there:-)

So now I am ready for the next food product I don´t like that I "should" like....not sure yet what.

2 kommentarer:

Unknown sagde ...

you go girl! you are almost ready for the grande grande olive: the greek one turned in an oily paste and sometimes with a clove of garlic inside.Yummmmm

annesue sagde ...

actually i have tried the ones with garlic inside and i think they are probably my favorite:-D